Valor HospiceCare & The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine is about exemplary care by extraordinary associates and volunteers. And based on our service evaluations and feedback, a level of care and patient attention usually not seen in health care.
Led by our medical team, our Core Values and "Philosophy of Care" are focused on our innovative, comprehensive and integrated approach of changing and enhancing the way hospice and comfort care (as known as palliative care) is organized, planned and delivered in our markets. As an academic-based organization, we are improving end of life care, reducing costs to the healthcare system and expanding access to hospice and palliative care in the markets we serve.
Care at Home or Wherever a Patient Resides
The Valor team provides care wherever the patient is best cared for and comfortable. Services are offered anywhere a patient lives -- in private homes, nursing homes, independent living centers, assisted living and/or long-term care facilities and in the hospital for authorized medical emergencies.
Click here to learn more about service coverages.
Interdisciplinary Team Members for Every Patient Includes:
- 24-hours a Day On-call Care & Support
- Patient & Caregivers
- Attending Physician
- Hospice Medical Directors
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Hospice Aides
- Social Workers
- Spiritual Care Providers
- Bereavement Counselors
Anyone suffering from life limiting, terminal disease can receive our services. Our focus is on care, not cure.
We provide professional services regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic background, religion, being a qualified disabled veteran, or any other category protected by law. In cases where no insurance is available, our services can be provided regardless of the patients ability to pay. As a locally owned and managed company, our team includes friends and neighbors from the community who are able to serve patient and family needs quickly and efficiently--with the highest quality care.
Why Choose Valor HospiceCare?
Our Unique, Innovative Valor HospiceCare - Our Advantages for Patients, Families and Our Communities
- Our Associates come first. With great people, we provide great care. Our professionals are carefully se- lected through an extensive team interviewing and screening process for alignment with our Culture, Core Values, Mission & Vision.
- We are locally-owned and locally-managed and therefore make local decisions. We understand the needs of our friends and neighbors.
- We have the only Hospice network in southern Arizona serving now over 40 communities. Over 90% of the southern Arizona population has access to our services.
- Our extensive geographic footprint provides for care in rural areas usually not served outside of metropolitan areas.
- We have an innovative Night/Weekend Nurse Program with 24-hour live access for all locations for same day patient admissions seven days a week.
- Our Hospice Medical Directors, all Board Certified and some Board Certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine, are experts in hospice care and make in-home visits.
- We offer a true holistic approach to care utilizing various integrative medicines and therapies.
- We believe in lower patient case management ratios by each Hospice clinician compared to others.
- We offer special clinical care programs (such as for Dementia and CHF), cultural sensitivity programs (such as Hispanic and Latino), focused healthcare programs (such as Valor DoctorCare) and unique programs for Bereavement Care and Veterans, as a Level 3 "We Honor Veterans" Partner.
- We have a special Wound Care program that treats wounds to ensure the highest level of patient comfort.
- We have a new associate orientation (NAO) program, with a competency-based training curriculum and a continuous education & leadership (CEL) program supporting a clinical team trained in advanced evidence-based palliative and hospice care outcomes.
- Our Volunteer program provides over 30 hours of training, and includes a fast track program for previously trained volunteers. Volunteers complete our Circle of Care for patients and families.
- For general inpatient and respite care, we have pre-qualified partnerships with local, skilled nursing facilities who meet our quality and compliance standards.
- We are the Hospice with a comprehensive palliative continuum of care program led by physicians and nurse practitioners, focused on in-home, patient evaluations and consultations for Hospice patients with advanced chronic conditions.
- As the only Arizona Hospice with The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine, we consider ourselves Arizona's only academic-based Hospice, with our "Philosophy of Care Charter" focused on research from evidence- and outcome-based care techniques for quality, compliance & education.
- We use the newest electronic medical record (EMR) systems for 24-hour “live” access by our clinical teams and management for real-time patient care documentation.
- We are known as the Hospice who invests heavily in a comprehensive community education program, with specialized in-service training and services to healthcare professionals.
- Through an association with the Southwest Hospice Foundation, we collaborate for meeting special care needs and community outreach.
Please contact us today at 877.615.3996 or email@example.com
for further information about our services and programs.