Our Approach & Unique Services
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant
of the weak and strong. Because someday in
your life you will have been all of these" - George Washington Carver
Valor HospiceCare & The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine is about exemplary care by extraordinary associates and volunteers. And based on our service evaluations and feedback, a level of care and patient attention usually not seen in health care.
by our medical team, our Core Values and "Philosophy of Care" are focused
on our innovative, comprehensive and integrated approach of changing and enhancing the way hospice and comfort care (as known as palliative care) is organized, planned and
delivered in our markets. As an academic-based organization, we are improving end of life care, reducing costs to the healthcare system and expanding access to hospice and palliative care in the markets we serve.
· What makes us so special? For information on Our Unique, Innovative Services, please click here.
· For information on Common Hospice Misconceptions, please click here.
· To view
and print a general overview of Valor HospiceCare, please click
Home or Wherever a Patient Resides
The Valor team provides care wherever the patient is best cared for
and comfortable. Services are offered anywhere a patient lives -- in private homes, nursing homes,
independent living centers, assisted living and/or long-term care facilities
and in the hospital for authorized medical emergencies.
Team Members for Every Patient Includes:
Patient & Caregivers
· Attending Physician
· Hospice Medical Directors
· Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
· Hospice Aides
· Social Workers
· Spiritual Care Providers
· Bereavement Counselors
suffering from life limiting, terminal disease can receive our services.
Our focus is on care, not cure.
professional services regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation,
racial or ethnic background, religion, being a qualified disabled veteran, or any other category protected by law. In cases where no insurance is available, our services can be provided regardless of the patients ability to pay. As a locally owned and managed
company, our team includes friends and neighbors from the community
who are able to serve patient and family needs quickly and efficiently--with
the highest quality care.
Why Choose Valor HospiceCare?
Unique, Innovative Valor HospiceCare & PalliativeCare Services -
Our Advantages for Patients, Families and the Community
· Our Associates come first. Our professionals are carefully selected through an extensive team interviewing and screening process for alignment with our Core Values & Mission.
· We are locally owned and therefore can make local decisions. We understand the needs of our friends and neighbors.
· 24-hour live on-call access to a Nurse for all locations with same day patient admissions.
· Hospice Medical Directors, many Board Certified in Hospice & Palliative Care, who are experts in hospice care and make regular home visits in collaboration with the patient's physician.
· We have a special Wound Care program that aggressively treats wounds to ensure the highest level of patient comfort.
· The largest, most trusted Hospice network in southern Arizona serving over 25 communities - over 90% of the southern Arizona population has access to our services.
· A true holistic approach utilizing integrative medicines and therapies.
· Arizona's academic-based Hospice, with the core of our "Philosophy of Care Charter" focused on the highest quality of compassionate care and growth through patient advocacy and education.
· Lower patient case management ratios by Hospice clinician versus other providers.
· A Hospice with a comprehensive palliative continuum of care program led by physicians, focused on a pre-Hospice patient evaluations and consultations for Hospice patients for advanced chronic conditions.
· Special clinical care programs (such as for dementia), cultural sensitivity programs and healthcare services programs such as Valor DoctorCare(tm).
· The only Arizona Hospice with The Valor Institute for Palliative Medicine, with its Mission focused on quality and education.
· A new associate orientation (NAO) program, with a competency-based training curriculum and a continuous education & leadership (CEL) program with over 20 hours of annual in-services, supporting a clinical team trained in advanced evidence-based palliative
and hospice care outcomes
· Volunteer program with over 30 hours of training, and a fast track program for previously trained volunteers.
· Qualified partnerships with local, skilled nursing facilities for inpatient and respite care.
· A rural health initiative to provide care in outlying metropolitan areas usually not served.
· 24-hour access by our clinical team and management for electronic health records for patient care documentation.
· A recognized, comprehensive community education program, with specialized in-service training and services to healthcare professionals.
· Through an association with the Southwest Hospice Foundation, we collaborate for meeting special care needs, scholarships and community outreach.
contact us today at 877.615.3996 or email@example.com
for further information about our services and programs.
© 2004 - 14 Valor HospiceCare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.